We are nationally accredited and New York State Department of Health certified mitigation contractors.
Radon is a naturally occurring noble gas that is colorless, odorless, and radioactive. As a dense gas, it can accumulate to potentially dangerous levels in home basements, crawl spaces, and wells. Because of its radioactive state, it excessive concentrations inhaled over a period of time can be dangerous to you and your family’s health.
Why Work With Our Radon Mitigation Contractors?
- Radon Testing, Analysis, and Radon Measurement
- Radon Mitigation and Reduction
- We Guarantee to Fix Your Radon Problem to below EPA Standards
- Only NYSDOH certified Radon Mitigation Specialist North of Albany
- Owner operated – Lifetime guarantee on radon levels
- We are local and support our communities
- We can install hidden systems not to clutter up your home view
- Energy efficient systems
- We get 95% of our mitigations below 1Pci/l
- Best price guarantee
- Radon results within 3 days after mitigation
- We are not a franchise – the owner does the work. No salesman.
- We give one price and won’t nickel & dime you.
- Proud members of AARST/NRPP
- Fast friendly service with free estimates
Radon is measured in pico-Curies per liter (pCi/L) of air. A picoCurie is a measure of the amount of radioactivity of a particular substance. The level of Radon in outdoor air is about 0.4 pCi/L. The average indoor Radon level is about 1.3 pCi/L. The EPA has established 4.0 pCi/L as the necessary action level for Radon in homes, schools and workplaces. Current mitigation technology, such as that offered by Home Technology Inspections can generally reduce Radon levels to 2.0 pCi/L or less. Since Radon is a carcinogen, no level is completely risk-free. However, since it is a natural part of the environment there is no such thing as a “0” level.